Dianne opened her Nanaimo Studio in 1980, and with over 30 years of enjoying a successful studio each day still brings a smile. Dianne considers it a privilege to encourage the development of each of her student’s potential through the study and creating of music at the piano. Her students are motivated and inspired to achieve goals, experience the joy of performance for themselves and others, take pride in their accomplishments, and experience growth through their achievement. This character building process stands them in good stead for the rest of their lives.
Dianne enjoys being involved in the Nanaimo musical community and is presently serving as President of the Mid Island BC Registered Music teacher’s Association and as Piano Section Chairperson for the Upper Island Music Festival.
Educational & Performance Background
- Teacher’s ARCT Diploma (Royal Conservatory of Music, Toronto, Canada)
- Performer’s ARCT Diploma (Royal Conservatory of Music, Toronto, Canada)
- Performer’s ALCM Diploma (London College of Music, London, England)
- Advanced Theory – Harmony, Counterpoint, Analysis, History and Pedagogy (Royal Conservatory of Music, Toronto, Canada)
- Early Childhood Music Certificates (Yamaha Music School & Music for Young Children)
- Music Director/ Arranger … Choir/ Ensembles, Christmas/ Easter Productions, Musical Theatre
- Jazz/ Pop (Improvisation & Arranging)
- BC Registered Music Teacher’s Association
- Canadian Registered Music Teacher’s Association
- Conservatory Canada • Music Teacher’s National Association
- Upper Island Music Festival ~ Piano Chairperson
- Mid Island Branch of the BC Registered Music Teacher’s Association ~ President
- Women of Note